Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 3--- New Ground




Location: Madison, WI
This is the life:   I'm chillaxin' in a camp chair facing our tent writing on my blog while my son  runs around happily dirty asking what kind of (pretend) ice cream I want him to make for me and my husband fixes hamburgers on the grill for dinner. Aaaah…. It’s gorgeously 70s with a warm breeze. We’ve had a pleasant drive today, some traffic in Chicago, but we’re on vacation! Who cares about traffic J.  It’s all in perspective, I should be more relaxed and enjoy the moment even in the thick of schedules and agendas of daily life.





Neither Chadd nor I have been to Wisconsin, or any state from now on. 







This is our organized camp. It took us about 10 minutes to set up. Yeah, those bulky plastic drawers that Chadd complained about taking up too much space in the truck? He admitted they are quite handy at camp. :o)  I didn’t say “I told you so.” But did take it as a huge compliment.
There’s free wifi at all KOA campgrounds and electric hookup. So I’ll get to have my bulletproof coffee without even starting the generator! Splendid.






"Please Ma'am, I want some more!"
--a Wisconsin cheese shop
My weird angle selfy. Look at my monstrous hand!

Cyrus asking emphatically what kind of ice cream I want.

3 comments:

  1. So excited about your new adventure! Thanks for writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings my heart joy to see Cyrus riding his motorcycle. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of Cyrus and the Giant Cow's rear really made me laugh. These pictures capture the spirit of your journey! So exciting! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete