Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 2- Stop over to with family in Goshen, Indiana


   We arrived to Goshen, Indiana at 3:30am, slept most of the morning and afternoon away before a pizza party Grandpa put on for us with my family, aunts and uncles and cousins. This is the first that Chadd and Cyrus have seen my Grandparent’s 139 year old Victorian house that I lived cherished childhood memories in. It is pleasing to have them see, smell and experience the same places I did as a child. I believe this home smells permanently of popcorn J


“Are you weak and heavy laden? Cumbered with a load of care?”

We joined Grandma and Grandpa their Filipino friend Norma (who knew me when I was 1) for church this morning, singing out of the old hymn books, reading several passages with participating discussion, and praying to our loving God. My Grandparents love and time-proved relationship with their savior is sweet and challenging to see.

“…Take it to the Lord in Prayer!”

A Flower from my Grandma's perpetual Magnolia Tree. Cyrus was handing them out to every member of our discussion circle. Grandma reminded me that I said when I was younger that I wanted to get married under that tree someday.
Cyrus learning about ant activity.
Now we are off westward! With Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and North Dakota on the map! 



No comments:

Post a Comment