Friday, August 28, 2015

First Frost August 28th

Daddy making a rope swing for Cyrus


      That’s white, we awoke to a ground covered in frosty white. Crispy cool in the mornings, with leaves scattered in mowed lawns. I drove to Chadd’s jobsite today and realized I miss seeing mowed yards J The immediate area where we are now it doesn’t seem to be a high priority. But there are some very nice and cozy neighborhoods in other places of Palmer and Chugiak. The chill is actually very refreshing and not bad if you dress for it. Autumn in August. I actually like it. Unfortunately, all our winter clothes are in unknown depths of our storage unit.

My grown up boy!

Chadd and I must have planted these together...



















       My apologies for a silence of postings in quite a while. I have been dealing with some health struggles ever since Cyrus’ c-section 2 ½ years ago, and this is now largely compounded by a much more nauseous pregnancy than last time. Basically I’ve felt like I have the flu nearly every day. It is rare that I feel well, and so noticeably different that I exclaim constantly, “WOW! I feel so good!” So that is my reason. At least it should be reassuring that it is a “strong” pregnancy, so we midwives try to console. Which is a bit, as we haven’t heard the heartbeat yet. My doppler is buried in our storage unit with the sweaters and gloves or I would try more on my own.
Our abundant harvest!
Park date with our friends at Wasilla Lake
 It has been a challenge taking care of an uber energetic toddler while feeling like @#$%. How do you do it when you are pregnant with your fourth or …. ninth!!   All applause to you my friend mothers.  And this is the challenge of a the Christian walk, exerting enough Love with a capitol L, to smile and serve with a joyful heart when your body hurts and churns and wants nothing but to crawl back in bed and sleep all day. Easy is not part of this task. But God’s grace surpasses all. When I actually selected minutes that could be spent sleeping or completing important tasks and placed them at the foot of Jesus, it really does make a difference. Man, do I praise Him when I feel good. But I also repeat the truths of His saving goodness when I feel bad. He does not change, though my experience does.



Chadd's black water tank invention for our Camper home. 




 So we have entered into contract and begun the 45 day process of closing on a HOUSE!!!!! That is right! We finally found an abode that fits our fancy and my construction husband’s qualifications. It is a three bedroom 1 ½ bath with over 2,400 square feet. We have great plans of improvements, it will look better in a month and fabulous in 2 years. And most importantly, it will be a home. So if we do indeed close, we will have a place to host our expressly welcome guests!! I will post pics in the next post.


The picture does not even resemble the beauty that was before our eyes.
 The great expanse, the colors, smells, sounds...







My husband as Sushi Chef! 
Gourmet dinner in our camper!


APPLE picking in Alaska!!
Wow, I thought I'd have to give up fresh apples living here.
They have grafted trees to a super hardy crab apple root stock
making these apple trees cold hardy down to -40 degrees! 

Pretty big! But not as huge as the 108lb winner at the Alaska State Fair.


Opening day of Alaska State Fair. More pics to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment