Friday, June 19, 2015

Lots of FUN in the Alaskan SUN!


Dick is keen on making Dandelion Wine... 


I took a neighbor 5-year old foster girl named Heaven along with Cyrus and I to the local "Colony Days" in Palmer. It's similar to a mini fair. They had quite a blast :) And yes, I paid 8 dollars for her to have a pony ride. 






Last Sunday we went on a four-wheeler day trip up to a downed B29 where all 8 souls on board perished in WWII

Chadd hiked up Lazy Mountain with two other men we've met. It's 3000 vertical feet of elevation in a very short distance. They hiked it in 1 1/2 hours.


Cyrus and I at a park  in the record 85 degree weather with NO humidity!




I always hated thinning plants. Weeding is fun. Tear out those bad boys! But thinning my precious baby sprouts that I hand planted and fertilized and watered and mulched... It just seems so wrong! But perhaps this is a lesson of life, to simplify, focus, dejunk, cleanse, and organize. You can't do everything in life, and usually if you try, you end up having puny crowded production. Not us. We are looking forward to LARGE Alaskan crop. 
So this is a summer lunch of freshly thinned swiss chard. At least if you can eat them it is a little less painful!

One of our late night rides after Cyrus is asleep.

Little worker

Some crazy Alaskans took a jacked up pickup truck up that horrendous mountain! It was CRAZY steep, rocky, mud holes and mud. I'm not sure how they made it!




The mountain top blog


Our grilling adventures #2: Grilling Moose ribs & Steak caught in a down pour!

No comments:

Post a Comment